Friday, September 12, 2008

Next on Lifetime: The Lindsey Lohan Story


"Looking good in handcuffs"
submitted by Jana M.
We dare you to not tithe.

--------------------------------------------------------------


"Go leave hurry now."
submitted by Jana M.
After one test run, the church decided its new fire alarm system needed some serious improvements.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Devine Pattern"
submitted by Katherine J.
Devine Pattern: Appearing nightly at Deja Vu.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Running Feet for Christ Christian Center"
submitted by new contributor Tom B.
I'd prefer if someone would open a "Thinking Brain for Christ Christian Center", myself.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Jesus is coming. Pray for our troops."
submitted AND reviewed by new contributor Tom B.
Sheesh...He must be pretty heavily armed.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Forgiving others and ourselves is good for us."
submitted by frequent contributor Jamie D.
It might help those 'others' too, but we don't really care.

----------------------------------------------------

My friend sent me this email with the heading: "I wonder why people think Christians are stupid". The email contained a link to this video. I dare you to make it through the whole thing.

--------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to give a big, hearty, WELCOME BACK to one of the earliest friends I made through blogging. After taking about a year off, Gregory is back at Kinda Kitschy, regaling us with his unique brand of humor (of which I am a huge fan). Go check out KK if you get a chance.

-------------------------------------------------------


Click these, please:



Alltop Humor

N.I.T.

----------------------------------------------

Submit!

21 comments:

  1. I got about 30 seconds into that video before I had to turn it off. Oh dear.


    Oh. dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dared myself to watch ALL 2:30 of the video. I'm still howling laughing out loud. I'm talking tears streaming down my face. That is the most dreadful thing I have seen in a long time.

    I WILL BE SENDING THIS TO MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Alison...you didn't get to see the dance solo??

    Pamela: I had tears streaming down my face for a different reason. But...yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That video is hysterical!! If you don't watch the whole thing, you'll miss the moonwalk. I dare you to find out if I'm kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to watch it, I really did, but then my skin crawled off all by itself. AUGH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can believe that there is a God who is creator of everything. I can believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died for our sins. I can believe that on the altars of Catholic churches throughout the world, that ordinary bread and wine, become the body, blood, soul, and divinity of Our Saviour.

    However I do find it hard to believe that that video is serious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made it to about 40 seconds. Amber and Tom, I'm just going to have to trust you that there's a moonwalk. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Go Leave Hurry Now"

    Obviously this church is harboring no delusions about itself.

    I've always prided myself on being kind of a techie, Joel, but I have to admit I can't figure this Crank thing out. I registered, but apparently it wants me to superimpose a picture of Jon Lovitz on an already horrifying photo.

    Thanks for the shout out too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa.
    On a positive note, I'd been wondering what Vincent Vega had been up to in the years following "Pulp Fiction". I think it's a lateral step.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That video is like a clue in a Jeopardy category of Ed Sullivan or Robert Schuyler.

    What a hoot. The amateur moonwalk...oy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. #3 could actually have been worse:
    Running Lives For Christ Christian Centre

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shameless plug: Rickey's running a live chat during this evening's Mets game if any of you magnificent bastards wish to partake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I watched the video, Joel. I didn't think it was that weird.

    I thought all Christian guys had sleazeball haircuts and went around dancing with Twila Paris wannabes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's a comment from the blog that posted that atrocious video:

    Hey, in case anyone wanted to know this was supposedly recorded in 2007 - I would have guessed 1987. Also this group is not - according to Wikipedia - a Christian group. The Way International does not believe Jesus is God…..

    Sooooooo, at least it’s not bad Christian music. Whatever it is, it’s not that.


    But I still need to find some brain bleach after watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I watched the video to the end.....and now I'm sad.
    Rusty

    ReplyDelete
  16. i watched the video today and was completely torn between tears of pain and tears of derisive laughter.

    people, our God is a God of originality!
    thankfully, He's also a God of second chances.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, moon walking for Jesus? That was painfully bad. Reminded me of Up With People (for those of you over 50)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Actually the video you posted doesn't really represent why we think Christians are stupid. It is mildly stupid in a gee golly sort of way, I agree, but not that stupid.

    If you really want to fairly represent why we think Christians are stupid, then any Youtube video made by a Creationist will do. There is plenty of stupidity there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This one may not have sweet, white-boy dance moves, but if you're looking for a singer that sounds like an Oompa Loompa, then this video is for you...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8

    It's called "Jesus Is My Friend" by a group called Sonseed. Warning, you will not be able to get this horrible song out of your head.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Take a look at the bottom of the first two signs: U are missing. (rolls eyes)

    ReplyDelete