Thursday, March 1, 2007

So to speak...

submitted by Jim G. and Bethany K.
I guess the location of the quotation marks could be worse...it could say God "loves" you. Or maybe God loves "you".
---------------------------------------------------
"Unless you repent, you will"
submitted AND reviewed by Adam W.
If I'm gonna repent later anyway, might as well live it up today!
"He gave His life to save us. What will we give up to save ourselves?"
submitted by new contributor Rev. Jim C., New Orleans
This church is attempting to give up grace to save themselves.
You know, somebody should tell Jesus that his death on the cross was unecessary, since apparently we can just give up fried foods or chocolate or soda for a few weeks to save ourselves. My guess is that He's gonna be pissed.
Happy Lent, everybody. Observe it, by all means. But it doesn't save you. If it did, what do we need Jesus for?
"Love yourself as much as God loves you."
submitted by frequent contributor Suzi H., NC
Crap. I just died for myself.
Okay, I'm back.
"Partial Repentance is No Repentance."
submitted by frequent contributor Suzi H., NC
What?!? I said I was sorta sorry. I really thought that was good enough!
"A brook would lose its song if God removed the rocks."
Not really. Aerosmith removed the rock a long time ago, and they still play songs all the time.
The internet would lose its song if God removed humor-blogs.com

2 comments:

  1. "Partial Repentance is No Repentance"

    where's the pie chart for that one?

    lovelovelove your post in the SNARK today, Joel! thanks so much for lending your unique (and funny) voice over there, again! (how do you get your voice to sound like that, anyway? helium?) xox neva

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Crap. I just died for myself.
    Okay, I'm back."

    I have got to stop drinking while reading your blog. Yet again, I have to wipe iced tea off my new 19" flat screen monitor.

    ReplyDelete