Friday, October 6, 2006

Is the Cup of Joy related to the Holy Grail? Or is that different?

















submitted by frequent contributor Rev. Wes Kenney, OK
All over the brand new Carpet of Contentment!! Geez!
-------------------------------------------------------------------


















submitted by frequent contributor Miss Kitty, GA
Jesus is also a good person to send to the door when the Mormons and/or Jehovah's Witnesses knock. They won't recognize Him at all! .....ZING!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Bring your sin to the alter
And drop it like it's hot.
Drop it like it's hot."
submitted AND asst. reviewed by Nick Bell, Buffalo, NY
Alter, indeed. I can think of some things I'd like to "alter".

NOTE: This sign is referencing rap lyrics, for those who aren't "down". Check out the lyrics this church is referencing. Unless you are offended by pot, oral sex, gang violence, prostitution, and tons of profanity, in which case DON'T CHECK THEM OUT AT ALL.

This will be the first church to put spinners on its church van, I just know it.


Keep 'em coming.

5 comments:

  1. "Cup" of Joy? I keep my joy in a plastic squeeze bottle by the sink.

    "Alter": a place to which you come to offer a sacrifice when you are ready to change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For once I think my horror at the spelling on this sign is actually overshadowed by the message itself. If I was one of the members, I'd be dropping this church.

    What is it with Christians not doing their research before referencing pop culture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spinners on the church van? AWWRIGHT!!!

    The awfulness is incredible, Joel!

    By the way: I wasn't sure about the "How Would Jesus Drive?" sign. "Maybe it's okay," I thought, "and maybe it's just another takeoff on WWJD bracelets." It IS something to think about: would Jesus keep His cool in traffic, or flip off other drivers while yelling obscenities? The former, I would think. Unless the car in front of Him is filled with moneychangers on their way home from the temple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, "How Would Jesus Drive" is awful...I've already reviewed it. It's somewhere in the archives.


    "On a donkey".

    ReplyDelete