Sunday, October 1, 2006

I said eat it!! EAT IT, HEATHEN!!!!














submitted by frequent contributor Jennie Sowers, IN
Feed on the Bread of Life from the Trough of Calvary using the Spork of the Holy Spirit.

Look, I know "Bread of Life" is an analogy straight from Jesus...but it's hard to convey the full weight of His meaning in 12 words or less. So let's stop trying.

"Get away from yourself. Come to church."
submitted AND reviewed by Anna Gervasi, Columbia, TN
It's nice to know I've finally found a place where I can be fake.

"Spend some time alone every day."
"Don't let a small dispute damage a great relationship."
(different sides, same sign).
submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor Emily Bezaire, Smyrna, TN
I would get some sort of sick satisfaction if the name of this church's pastor actually WAS Dr. Phil Something.

Also, April B. sent a link to this cartoon. Heh heh heh....

Keep 'em coming.

5 comments:

  1. JB,

    Instead of the sign at the exit that says "You are now entering the mission field." They have

    "We're sick of you, too. Go Home."

    Jason Kranzusch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed aloud at "Eat it, HEATHEN!" Maybe I'll start growling that under my breath, to myself, when I want people to leave me alone during office hours. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to go to church to get away from myself, but damnit, I keep following me around everywhere I go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the bread of life analogy is difficult to explain "in 12 words or less," but on the other hand, Jesus didn't spend a great deal of time explaining and expounding on his metaphors either. Is there a time and place to let the words stand in the manner in which they were given?
    The "then serve it to others" part is--I agree--obfuscatory, and a bit nauseating. I keep thinking of how mother birds regurgitate to feed their young.
    Maybe if the sign just read "Jesus said 'I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never hunger..." and we save the "serve it to others" for the sermon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allen
    I think the reason Jesus didn't have to expound on his meaning is because He was Jesus. We're not. His "12 words or less" are much more effective than ours.

    I like your sign a lot better.

    ReplyDelete