Sunday, October 29, 2006

"Enthusiasm is faith in action"

submitted by frequent contributor Cheryl Bezaire, Smyrna, TN
What if I am enthusiastically relying on myself?

How are these two things even remotely related?

Crazy Jay agrees with this sign, by the way. That's not a good thing for this sign.

"Think of it as fire insurance for eternity."
submitted by Miranda C., Nashville, TN
"It?" Can I think of anything as fire insurance for eternity?

Again, people....if you are going to use a horribly crappy metaphor, at least be specific about what your horribly crappy metaphor is about. I think this church couldn't even bring themselves to note that salvation is equivalent to fire insurance, so they just sort of half-^%#$ed their sign. If you are going to have the gall to put this garbage on your sign, at least go all the way and own it.

Keep 'em coming.

4 comments:

  1. "Think of it as fire insurance for eternity."

    This really irks me because this is really bad evangelism. Something tells me these people are still feeding on the milk of the Word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weren't enthusiasts originally a kind of sect that believed in being "enthused" by the Holy Spirit or something? Seriously, I'm not making that up. So there is maybe sort of a connection. I'd look it up, but I'm SO tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right on with the "enthusiast" thing, Diesel. I'd look it up, too...but I too am tired.

    And for the second one: let's pat these folks on the back for their unclear use of pronouns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that first sign 4 times before I realized it didn't say "Euthanaisia is Faith in Action".

    I was really, really worried there for a while. STAY AWAY FROM THE KOOL-AID.

    ReplyDelete