Thursday, October 26, 2006

The other side was crummy in Spanish.














submitted by Val Williams. Sign from Boston, MA
Why do some Christians, even when they are speaking the truth, have to sound like such jerks about it?

I have decided I am creating a new section/category on the website. I haven't decided on the exact name of it yet, but it is going to contain signs that are designed to make the passer-by feel inferior and stupid. Any good ideas for the name of the category? Please post in the comments below.
------------------------------------------------














submitted by frequent contributor Gregory from Kinda Kitschy.
I'll have the Loaded Potato Soup, please.

-------------------------------------------------














submitted by frequent contributor Gregory from Kinda Kitschy
I had a similar sign submitted once, and my review is the same for this one:
What do you want to bet they only achieve the first of the three adjectives?
-------------------------------------------------
"Come get a faith lift!"
submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor Kevin Thomas, FL
We altho have botockth and breatht implanth.

Long time readers will know I have reviewed that last one before, but Kevin's is funnier and I am always up for a funnier re-do.

Keep 'em coming.

11 comments:

  1. If you're looking for another section that begins with crummy, maybe:

    Crummy Attempts To Guilt People

    Though, not all signs that insult are guilt trips. If you don't need the 'Crummy' prefix, maybe just:

    Inferiority Complexes or
    Adding Insult to Injury

    Sorry, that's all I got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOHHHHHH...I like "Adding Insult to Injury"....that would look very nice on my church sign labels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get it. I have to make a bunch of choices now, but after I die I only get 2 more? And am I supposed to tack my answer to the bottom of the sign?

    For the feature name, you could use "Holier than thou." That pretty much sums it up, IMHO.

    I also like the idea of a "When in Rome" category that would feature signs that try to be "relevant" by glomming on to some current fad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the "When in Rome" section is currently called "Crummy Pop Culture References".

    ReplyDelete
  5. "We're crummy Christians, and we are better than you."

    ReplyDelete
  6. JB,

    #1 Call the section "Jerks for Jesus."

    #3 The Casual folks forgot the other 2 of their five points -

    Authentic
    Vomitatious (aka Nauseating, or Pukey)

    Jason Kranzusch

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you coined a new phrase there, Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like "Jerks for Jesus." My suggestion was gonna be "Seeker Un-Friendly."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another vote for Jerks for Jesus.

    Does this church get extra bonus points for the weird alpha/omega psuedosignposts?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jerks for Jesus it shall be.

    Now, I just need time to update the website....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bow to the superiority of "Jerks for Jesus." Very nice.

    ReplyDelete