Thursday, October 5, 2006

"Church as fun as the movies"

submitted by Ian Adnams, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Just please don't spill popcorn onto the pews.

Now that I think about it, I can think of some churches I have been to that remind me a great deal of some movie titles....movie titles like:
"The Temple of Doom"
"Jackass"
"Psycho"
"The Never-ending Story"
"12 Angry Men"
"The Usual Suspects"
"Apocalypse Now"
"Unforgiven"

Heh heh...I could go on. But so could you. Use the comments section to reference other movie titles that a poor church experience (like a crummy sign!) might remind you of.....

4 comments:

  1. JB,

    "Free Will Hunting" - Presbyterian

    "Fight Club" - congregational meetings. lack of evangelism, daily discipleship - "The first rule of church is that you do not talk about church."

    "Twilight Zone: The Movie" - "Do you want to see something really scary?" (Dan Ackroyd)

    "The Apostle" - Some of that movie is dead-on, not caricature at all.

    "Blues Brothers" - "We're on a mission from God."

    "Dawn of the Dead" - churches inhabited only by the blue-haired and prunish (I know, MEAN).

    "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" - Some churches seem to attract Nurse Ratchetts and a few crazies.

    "Some Kind of Wonderful" - I had to end on a positive note, because that is what the majority of my church experience has been.

    Jason Kranzusch

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Dawn of the dead".....hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The first rule of church..."

    Sooo good!

    ReplyDelete