Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I expect so much better from a Reformed Church....















submitted by Kristin Bush
I think they need an extra line or two on their sign to make this message make sense. Or drop off the final "-ess". Or just abandon the idea altogether.

Notice that the guy in the sign above the church sign is walking away from the church....quite the metaphor, that.
------------------------------------------------














submitted by frequent contributor Miss Kitty, GA
How, in all of these 400+ signs, have I managed to never cover this one before?

Oh well, here goes:

God catches them. God cleans them. You're nothing but the worm on the hook.

Look, I know it's Jesus' metaphor...but adding to His words only confuses the message. Let the Holy Spirit work through you, do what you are supposed to do, and don't take too much credit.

Keep 'em coming.

4 comments:

  1. Sign 1
    So much for eternal security, huh?

    Sign 2
    I hate when churches take messages for believers and broadcast them like they're meant for everyone. Like you say, Joel, let's stick to Bible verses and schedules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me proud to be a member of the CRC. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to do some good deeds so I don't lose my claim on forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And don't forget what a wonderful image fish cleaning makes for. Bart Simpson summed it up nicely with: "Knife goes in, guts come out."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please tell me that sign #1 is just an unfortunate grammatical error! Surely they're not really preaching that forgiveness can be undone!

    ReplyDelete