Friday, November 30, 2007

A Porpoise-Driven Life.

submitted and Post Title by frequent contributor Tracy Roach
Not a church sign, but a nativity scene. A fairly normal nativity scene, at that. Except for the fact that there are dolphins accompanying the wise men to the manger.

Did I miss something somewhere?
----------------------------------------------------

"Praise loudly. Blame softly."
submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor Jamie
...and carry a BIG stick.
----------------------------------------------------

" 'That 'Love your neighbor' thing? I meant it.' - God."
submitted AND reviewed by new contributor Bonnie Maisen
You can pretty much ignore the rest of the Bible, but I was being serious on this one...
--------------------------------------------------------

"Need a new life? God accepts trade-ins."

submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor Chandler Carriker
What's the blue book value on a wretch like me?
----------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks and giving go together."
submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor Jennifer Bristow
Pass the turkey...

...and the collection plate.
-------------------------------------------------------

Easy day for me today! Thanks for the great reviews, contributors!

I am going to post a BONUS WEEKEND POST this weekend, in order to put pictures of the new Casa Crummy up for everyone to see. I was going to wait until we're all unpacked, etc., but I've come to realize that will never happen, so I'll just let you see the new digs this weekend. And I'll be back with more sign crumminess next week!
-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks and humor-blogs.com go together.

Keep 'em coming.

13 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to post...

    I got the book a while ago and it looks great. I can't wait to give it to my dad for Christmas! He's gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I examined the photo closely, it does not appear to be solely a scene depicting the birth of Christ. I think it is some sort of storyboard display depicting the life of Christ. The dolphins appear to be splashing around while Jesus walks on the water. How dolphins ended up in the Sea of Galilee remains a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Suzanne's on to something. It looks like Mary & Joe at the manger on the far left. 2 (out of the 3) wisemen in the middle. The ascention in the background. And the cross on the right (but strangely not the crucifixion.)

    It looks like a third Jesus amongst the dolphins. (I say 3rd - there's baby Jesus, risen Jesus, and now walking on water Jesus)

    As if walking on water wasn't enough of a miracle - Jesus brought non-indigenous mammals to swim beside him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And, lo, he doth gather the mammals of the sea unto freshwater, that they might frolic beneath his feet."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you all are right about it not being a nativity...but we still have to be completely perplexed at the dolphins, right??

    ReplyDelete
  6. We three kings of orient are
    Bearing mammals we travel so far...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only explanation I can come up with is this is possibly the Nativity scene for Jesus of Atlantis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so, Jesus wasn't a carpenter after all, He was a dolphin trainer...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hans Gitsfelvin? Trainer of Dolphins? (Obligitatory Ace Ventura Reference)

    And there were in that same city, dolphins, frolicking about by night...


    Blue book on a wretch like me...made me laugh out loud at work. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. " 'That 'Love your neighbor' thing? I meant it.' - God."

    Hmmmm
    Should I do the Mrs DeBakey & the frying pan joke
    Or
    the gift that keeps giving one?
    Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Duh! The Dolphins are there to protect him from the sharks. I can't believe you guys didn't figure that out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Dolphins can't even defend against a struggling Jets offense...and you expect them to protect Jesus from sharks?

    (Shakes head)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate to admit this, but I live near this church. It IS a nativity scene with dolphins. It's everyone's favorite part about the trip to Wal-Mart during December.

    ReplyDelete