Tuesday, June 6, 2006

"Be the soul patrol for Jesus"

submitted by Kyle Evans. Sign from Boaz, Alabama
Okay, Jesus! I am ON THE JOB:

Found some soul!

And some more!

Here's more!

This guy's got some serious soul!

However, there is absolutely NO soul to be found here.

Okay, Jesus, you just let me know if you need me to find more soul. I am ON PATROL. Can I get a T-Shirt?


Funny also that Kyle points out the church this came from was Sonrise Baptist. They not only have a Crummy Church Sign, they have a Crummy Church Name.

4 comments:

  1. Haaa haa ha! Definite extra points for the crummy church name. (Is it a sin to secretly like Michael Bolton's hair? Before he chopped it off, I mean.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, Joel! I just snorted Diet Coke up into my sinuses, your post was so funny.

    I was thinking the Soul Patrol could also be something really ghoulish instead of really Christian. Or maybe this church's calling themselves by such a crummy name is what's ghoulish...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was referencing the Soul Patrol for the guy on American Idol (who is from Alabama and won). His fans were calling themselves the Soul Patrol, or something. So the church was trying a shot at a culturally relevant crummy sign.

    ReplyDelete