Monday, June 19, 2006

"I was going to waste, but then Jesus recycled me."

submitted by Livvie Bee, Bristol, England (Livvie's blog)
2 Corinthians 5:17: "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation...actually, he is more like a recycled creation, looks new but really made out of the same old material."

Psalm 40:3: "He put a new song in my heart....actually, it was more like a crappy remake of an old classic than a really "new" song, but hey, if we have a computer polish up the crappy parts we can probably sell a few thousand albums or so."

Look, if all Jesus did was recycle me, then he really didn't do a whole &#^% of a lot, did He? If I am recycled it means I made up of the same old sinful parts. I think when Paul says "new creation", he means it.

Most of my reviews don't contain so much "theology" (har), but this sign was bad enough for me to break out the Strong's Concordance. I'll continue with the quick hits next time.

Thanks to Livvie for a submission from somewhere other than the deep American south. This makes the 4th different country with submissions (US, Canada, Australia, England). Maybe it's time to expand the Map of Crumminess?

Keep 'em coming.

4 comments:

  1. And they DON'T think to edit their posts, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your theological rant, Joel. People really do't think to look stuff up in Strong's (or any other concordance, or the BIBLE ITSELF!) before they post crummy signs, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your theology. (Well, and Paul ain't so bad, either. ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these kind of signs suck because a)it puts out bad theology and b)if one finally figures out that its bad theology it makes the church look like a complete idiot for not thinking through its public signs.

    anyway, how 'bout them dodgers?

    ReplyDelete