Saturday, December 9, 2006

"It's not what parents expect, it's what they inspect."

submitted AND reviewed by new contributor Melanie K., CO
Translation: Don't set goals for or trust your kids. Just dig through their stuff when they aren't around.

"THE HOLY BIBLE IS A TELESCOPE D0NT LO0K AT IT LOOK THR0UGH IT"

submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor Les DuLunch, GA
I read mine from back to front, and now everything looks tiny.

Also, don't use punctuation; and please, whatever you do, don't make sure you have the letters you need.
---------------------------------------------
















submitted by new contributor Beth L., PA
Not exactly a church sign, but pretty crummy. As Beth says, funny how they inadvertently compare themselves to the enemies of Colonial America. I wonder if they all plan on wearing red coats? Maybe it's time for "The Midnight Ride of John Calvin" or something?

It's especially hilarious to me, considering the last (only) Nazarene church I ever attended placed an American flag in front of the cross at the altar, and we ended the service with the Pledge of Allegiance (no kidding).

Please note: I don't think for a second that all Nazarene churches are like that, but the juxtaposition of my personal experience with this bus advertisement is pretty striking. I have good Nazarene friends, actually. Wait...now that I think about it, they aren't Nazarene anymore. Hmmm......

Just kidding.

Thanks to the new contributors.

Keep 'em coming.

3 comments:

  1. Is telescope really the most appropriate analogy for the Bible? Maybe eyeglasses?

    And what the heck does that first sign mean OR have to do with the Bible or Godliness? How about "It's not what parents expect, it's what they introspect"? 'Makes just as much sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if I get a job as a poultry inspector, would that make my children chicken?

    No matter how hard I try, I can't place punctuation marks so that the telescope comment makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least the Nazarenes appear to be taking advantage of public transportation.

    ReplyDelete