Wednesday, December 6, 2006

"If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it."

submitted by new contributor Tim Ellsworth
I wonder if God's ice cube maker uses living water? I wonder if the Trinity uses a side-by-side-by-side refrigerator?

"Don't just count the days, make every day count!"
submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor David Finch, DC
I tried teaching Monday how to count, but Monday is just hopeless with numbers.

"A Mother Named Mary"
submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor David Finch, DC
. . . a president named George, a clown named Bozo, an athlete named Prime Time, a blimp named Hindenberg, a ship named Titanic, a building named the World Trade Center . . . maybe that's not what they had in mind.

"To deny Jesus is to deny reality"
submitted AND reviewed by Susan Hill, NC
OK - what exactly are we denying Him? Food? Water? The right to vote?
Last time I checked, reality sucked for a lot of people. I'd deny it too if I lived in Darfur. How is this sign helpful?

Keep 'em coming.

6 comments:

  1. "And if God had a refrigerator, He'd stock it with your favorite snacks and soft drinks, but God doesn't have a fridge, so stop putting photos of yourself in the offering plate! You know who you are!"
    Wait a minute! There's a sermon illustration there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "To deny Jesus is to deny reality."

    Jesus is really all there is. Yep, it's true. No Earth, no stars, no universe. Just Jesus.

    This is like those signs that say:

    "Jesus is the Answer!"

    I'm sorry. What was the question?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The awfulness of the posts over the last few days has left me stunned. Simply stunned. [shaking head]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: God's Icebox: Rev. James Moore, Houston, Texas based pastor at one of the largest United Methodist churches has published a collection of sermons under this title. Be on the lookout for other Moore titles: Yes Lord I Have Sinned But I Have Several Excellent Excuses or maybe Some Folks Feel the Rain, Others Just Get Wet or even When Youre a Christian...The Whole World Is From Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as I'm not on God's milk carton.

    Miss Kitty, I'm with you. Is it Crummy Church Signs sweeps week or something?

    ReplyDelete