Friday, December 15, 2006

"The nation that rejects Christ seals its doom."

submitted by Susan H., NC
This is from the same church that had "The Hinge of History" sign a couple of days ago. I think I was onto something with the whole Indiana Jones idea. If their next sign references the ark or the Holy Grail, we'll know I was money.

Also: I'm gonna sing the doom song now: Doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom.....

"Stay out of debt. Act your wages."
submitted by frequent contributor Kyle E., AL
Yes folks: the timeless message of the Christmas season, made clear through 7 simple words.

Honestly. It's December 15. You have NOTHING BETTER to put on your church sign than the gospel according to Dave Ramsey? Look, it's great advice and all...but eternally worthless.



Did anyone get the Doom Song joke?

Keep 'em coming.

6 comments:

  1. Joel said...Did anyone get the Doom Song joke?

    No, but that's what YouTube is for.

    Would you please stop singing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first sign should have been followed by a "Mwuhahahahahaha!"

    As for staying out of debt, does that mean I need to immediately repay my 6% APR mortgage in full? Because that's going to cut into my tithe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know there was anyone in the midwest who used "money" as a synonym for correct or cool.

    You're awfully hip...awfully hip.

    I wonder if Indie's church trains its members in Biblical archaeology and using a bullwhip to fight the Third Reich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gregory...

    I'm the kind of hip that can only be obtained by spending your entire life with 7th graders.

    In other words: Not That Hip At All.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I love Invader Zim by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A man after my own heart! I know this is old, but I had to comment! Invader Zim is amazing!

    ReplyDelete