Saturday, December 15, 2007

The New Casa Crummy!

As promised, here's a few pictures of our new digs. There's no color or artwork on the walls yet since we just moved in, but you get the idea.

The crummy bedroom (and our enormous freakin' cat sticking out from behind the bed).

The crummy view off of our back porch. It looks out over Historic Germantown in the metro Nashville area.

The crummy downstairs (which is 2nd floor of the building).

The crummy living room/den.

The crummy kitchen, where my wife makes very non-crummy meals. (Don't worry, we own a fridge, it just hadn't been delivered yet).

The crummy view from our living room (2nd floor) and bedroom (3rd floor). That's downtown Nashville.

And that same crummy view at night (crummy picture taken on a cell phone. The night view ROCKS, you'll have to trust me.)

Jenn and I are very thankful for our new place. We were 45 minutes away from everything we did (work, church, friends, Preds games...). Now we're 10 minutes from work, 5 minutes from church, 5 minutes from the arena, and our friends are very close also. We love being city folk!

More crumminess Monday. Have a nice weekend.

13 comments:

  1. What could be better than a daily view of the bat building?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the penthouse suite in the new Signature Tower...but other than that not much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so much more crummy than our place.

    Nancy when we go back to the states can we move to Nashville? Hey isnt that a Paul Simon song?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet digs! That kitchen is SUPER nice, Joel B!

    Good thing you told me not to worry about lack of fridge though. I was totally freaking out. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa...I had you in mind when I put that there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was flippin' and trippin' over your "crummy" kitchen, Joel. As an architect, I highly approve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! You must not be too awful far from the Maxwell House, based on the position of the Batman building. Or has it been 12 years since I've been to Nashville and I'm remembering that wrong. That trip was for my mom's 50th birthday and my memories are, um, hazy.
    Nice place!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not so crummy! I thought Germantown was charming when I lived in Nashland (tho I lived closer to...don't hurt me...Belle Meade. Trust me, I lucked into the only duplex on the street.)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As an non-Nashvillian (or is it Nashvillite?) I can only deduce that the Batman Building is the one on the left with two towers like the Caped Crusader's cowl. Is that so?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not crummy at all there, Joel. Very nice. I don't think I could take being city folk (my neighbors are 300 yards away and STILL too close), but it sounds great for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhhhh!!!! Awesome place, awesome city! I miss Nashville SO MUCH!!! Maybe one day I'll get into Vanderbilt on scholarship, or maybe get a job nearby. [sigh]

    ReplyDelete
  12. kq - yes, the bat building is the one with two spires. I think it's actually AT&T, but everyone calls it the bat buidling. Although I'm not a Nashvillian, I go there all the time.

    ReplyDelete