Thursday, August 9, 2007

He's a big fan of Conan.

submitted by frequent contributor Micah L., MN
Maybe He should try counting His sheep.
-------------------------------------------------------------

submitted and asst. reviewed by frequent contributor Micah L, MN
I hate it when I try to let a little "sunshine" out and I accidentally.....well, never mind.
---------------------------------------------------

submitted by frequent contributor Chuck S.
I guess The Father's out drinking again.
--------------------------------------------------------

"God is like Dial soap. Aren't you glad you have him? Don't you wish everyone did?"

submitted by new contributor Mary, FL
Not only will we judge you on your lifestyle, we'll judge you on your personal hygiene as well!!
----------------------------------------------------------

"You can't have a testimony without a test."
submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor Jennifer B.
Um... okay. Doing without doesn't sound that bad to me.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Go"
submitted by frequent contributor Jennifer B.
Does the other side say "Away"?
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Conditions of the Blessing"
submitted by frequent contributor Jennifer B.
Are there?
------------------------------------------------------------

It is good to let a little humor-blogs.com out as well as in.

Keep 'em coming.

6 comments:

  1. "Mommy welcomes us home"? I don't get that one at all. Have I misread the prodigal son story all these years? Maybe Anthony Perkins is the minister here?

    "God is like Dial soap. Use him. Wash him off. Go about your business."

    "Can't have a testimony without test" Great! I'm with the prosecution anyway! Thank you for alienating all the unchurched with this bit of Christianese!

    Um, using John 8:12, I think you'd have to agree that the "condition" of that "blessing" is following Jesus.
    Scripturally, blessings are often dependent upon faithfulness in the covenant relationship with God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's good to let a little sunshine out as well as in."

    Sounds like the religious right has finally decided to take a stand on global warming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allen, I would agree and I probably choose poorly in finding a verse to prove my point....

    I think I took "THE" blessing that the sign mentions to "THE" blessing of salvation...the only conditions there are....what?

    Anyhow, just to say you're right. As usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is like Dial. There are a hundred other brands that work just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *snicker*

    @"Go"

    also appropriate commands at church...Sit! Stand! Recite! Sit again! (my church) Shake hands! Write! Dismissed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You can't have a testimony without a test."

    ...And also, one would infer by extension, without being moany about it?

    So "testimony" = going through a test and moaning incessantly about it?

    One could drag this out for quite a while (bring in the Israelites complaining in the wilderness), but I'll stick with your conclusion.

    ReplyDelete