Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Do what now?!?


"Pardon our God nuts."
submitted by frequent contributor Susan S.
Is this some sort of Rocky Mountain Eucharist??

----------------------------------------------------------------

"HESCMNBK"
submitted by Hannah D.
Gesundheit!

---------------------------------------------------------------

"We welcome the good, the bad, and the ugly"
submitted Anonymously
...just not "The Unforgiven".

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Come share the cup"
Ew. Do you think they share the strap, too?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about that first review. But really...WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING?!?!

----------------------------------------------------------------


Click these, please:



Alltop Humor

N.I.T.

----------------------------------------------

Submit!

11 comments:

  1. i suspect that in the case of sign one, some vandalism may have occurred. that can't possibly be the case with #2 though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm kinda liberal compared to you but even I was shocked by that first review. I'm guessing its vandalism too. It makes no sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm, took a while for the penny to drop:
    HESCMNBK = he's coming back.

    arguable even worse when deciphered. your review was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought vandalism on the first sign too, but that sign is REALLY high up there. Did they bring a ladder, too?

    LVR: I didn't get that second sign until you posted it here. I thought it was just gibberish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.
    I thought...
    HESCMNBK = Hell, every schmuck can make new brides kneel.

    Guess where I'll end up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. joel: I really think it counts as gibberish! They take texting to a whole new level with no punctuation AND no spacing.

    Thanks for confirming that not all the grey cells are on vacation... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ....the ladder may have been a result of thinking up such a crazy anagram....too good to resist the risks, y'know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job lvr, I didn't even try to decipher that sign.

    Nanny Goat - awesome!
    That is exactly why I read your blog as well as this one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perhaps a "God Nut" is something like a "Jesus Freak"? Maybe they want the public to overlook the more zealous of their members?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the one who submitted the first sign... It's possible it was vandalism. The other side says something like "Pardon our dust as we go greener" (not exact transcript). (They must be installing solar panels or something). The day after I took this picture, I drove by the church to show my boyfriend the sign and it was gone, but the other (normal) side was still up. So maybe it was vandalism. It IS pretty high up though - you'd definitely need a ladder. I didn't bother to calculate when they could have anagrammed "God nuts" from the message on the other sign.

    My thoughts were that if is WASN'T vandalism, it must have been some reference to nuts & bolts (construction) or a VERY misguided version of "Jesus freaks."

    I just moved into this Austin neighborhood and there are three churches with signs all on the same street corner, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for crumminess.

    ReplyDelete