Thursday, August 21, 2008

Goin' to the church...down by the river!


"Revival. Pastor Chris Farley"
submitted by new contributor Roger S.

I guess that makes David Spade a deacon, huh?

---------------------------------------------------------------

"God will never leave you for the Jets."
submission info below*
Unlike that bastard Bennie.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Beijing Smog"
submitted by Trissina L.
Personally, I don't think "London Fog" has anything to worry about.

-------------------------------------------------

"Start now for peace in the valley."
submitted/asst. reviewed by frequent contributor Rev. Arnold Hendrix
Choose any activity and direction. Just start.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Cain and Abels Facebook"
submitted by Trissina L.



--------------------------------------------------------------

"God's grace is cool and wet"
submitted AND reviewed by John P
Sounds an awful lot like Coca-Cola.


Joel's Note: Or booze.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

* picture submitted by MountainRev. I was originally directed to this sign by Rickey who saw it posted at this Milwaukee newspaper (different angled-picture, so I used the one from MountainRev since I have permission).

Of course, it's referencing the recent Brett Favre un-retirement and subsequent trade from Green Bay to the New York Jets. Which is, of course, why I went with an Elton John reference.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have a new email from Duane in VA. with a ton of submissions. Stay tuned next week. Have a great weekend.

This was a funny post. Right??? So vote at h-b:

Click these, please:



Alltop Humor

N.I.T.

----------------------------------------------

Submit!

6 comments:

  1. The kitty was stopping me. So I went about rating some other blogs and then did some more rating here. Then, the kitty began defending Diesel's #1 spot again. That kitty doesn't really like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joel,
    You're in the #2 spot over at photocrank. Taking over Fake Steve, though will take some effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul...
    It's all you,man. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems there's some West Side Story angle one could take on leaving you for the Jets (that darn Maria), but I'm not feeling witty enough to phrase it right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, they're bringing Chris Farley back to life? That's terrific news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's cool to see that Chris Farley picture up here. Thanks for posting it. I knew that it would be useful for something when I snapped it quite a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete