Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Ovila Bezaire, 1923-2006

My grandfather, a kind, caring, gentle, interesting, intelligent, talented, and very private man, passed away this week. (Link to obituary) He was loved dearly, and will be missed by all of the family.

This post is completely off topic for the blog, but I think many of you will find it interesting nonetheless. The charity of Gramps' choice, in lieu of flowers, is the website/project LadyBug Drive For A Cure . This is truly a fascinating story. My uncle, Gramps' youngest son, helped rebuild a fully functional Volkswagen Bug with the body/interior entirely made of wrought iron. For real. Here's a picture, and trust me when I say it's even more stunning in person:











Again, the picture doesn't do it justice, as it is a work of pure art. It really drops jaws everywhere it goes.

Anyhow, the other main builder of the car is taking his entire family on a cross-Canada drive to raise money for Breast Cancer research and awareness. The link above details the itenerary and purpose of the fundraising effort. The project is really starting to gain momentum in Canada and beyond.

I just posted this on here in case some of you have been touched by breast cancer, or cancer of any type and feel led to donate. This type of post will not become habitual on CCS, but I view it as a chance to both honor Gramps' memory and possibly help raise some funds for a worthy (and interesting) cause.

Thanks for reading and, of course, my family covets your prayers at this time.

God bless. My readers rule.

- J.B.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing, Joel. You and your family have my deepest sympathy, and my thought & prayers during this difficult time.

    Your grandfather must have been quite a fellow. What a cool charity to support--I bet that wrought-iron Beetle *is* pretty darn stunning in person.

    Even the word verification for this comment reflects your grandpa's spirit: AWEBUG (no, seriously!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your loss, Joel. I love the story about the wrought iron bug. Your grandfather must have been a man who always worked to help others. Even now. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete