Thursday, February 8, 2007

Peter?

submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor Adam W.
What should I do if I am in quicksand?
----------------------------------------------

submitted by frequent contributor Adam W.
Now if I could just find where I left the lock of the day and the key of the night, I would be all set.
----------------------------------------------------
"God is already at the end of your rope."
submitted by frequent contributor Allen's Brain
So just when you think your life is hopeless...you find out God hung Himself with YOUR rope?

"LIFE MATTERS
WEDNESDAY"
submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor David Jacks, TX
But you can take it or leave it the rest of the week.

"Death: The end of excuses and the beginning of eternity."
submitted by frequent contributor David Jacks, TX
I think if Death plans to have ANY sort of long term success, He is going to need to pick a better marketing strategy than that.

"If you don't know whose signs these are, look again."
submitted by Jennifer B.
Of course, Death still has a better marketing strategy than this church does.

"Awesome Powers. The God who Snagged me."
submitted by Charles Churchill
Yeah, baby.

Says Charles about where he heard about the above sign: This was told by Tom Shillue, a comedian in New York. (It's on his podcast, one of the ones about his dad coming to visit). He said he saw it while he was jogging, he's Catholic and it was a Baptist church that was always trying to be edgy...

Listed on the new world-wide-web superpower humor-blogs.com

Keep 'em coming.

9 comments:

  1. That first one is really disturbingly confused. The "deep water" in the first half is meant metaphorically, right? However, the "deep water" that is walked upon by the trustworthy Jesus/Peter/Remo Williams is literal, or so I thought. Are they suggesting that the story of Jesus walking on water is merely a metaphor?

    These are the things that keep theologians up at night, and me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about "Death: Worse than the chicken at Tretsky's."

    I trust Joel, if no one else, will get that reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last one could use a grammar coach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diesel..
    I'll have to ask Alexander Woolf about that one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allen, I don't drink coffee, so it was hot tea that almost came out my nose when I saw the Remo Williams reference. The movie was in 1985...I'm surprised none of the church signs uses it as a pop culture reference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about when I'm in deep s**t? THEN what do I do?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remo Williams is definitely a prime candidate for a pop culture reference, but I'm still waiting for a reference to Krull.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I double-dog-dare someone to get in a reference to Tron.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, I'd be so ticked off if I got to the end of my rope and The Almighty had already hung himself with it. Now, my Higher Power is dead, He used my rope, and I *still* need to find a rope to use to hang myself with it. Now I gotta go *back* to Home Depot and fight traffic....

    ReplyDelete