Thursday, February 22, 2007

Always good advice....

submitted by frequent contributor SpookyRach, TX
For example, "I will never leave you or forsake you". Nobody should say stuff like that.
-----------------------------------------------------

submitted by frequent contributor Rev. Arnold Hendrix, AL
...that He give His only begotten Son, that whosoever believe in Him shall not perish but has everlasting life.

Huh. Still sorta makes sense. Verb tenses are overrated. Who knew?!?!

See Miss Kitty, this is why I teach math and not English.
------------------------------------------------------
"Breaking a Control Freak"
submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor Kelly Quinn, TX
Next week, "Crushing the Attention Seeker".
Brought to you by the Ministry of Condemnation.

"Does the road you're on lead to me? -God"
submitted AND reviewed by Jennifer B.
I thought the road I was on led to Walmart..... stinking MapQuest.

Joel's Note: Hey, I'm just impressed they got the "you're" correct. (Instead of "your").

Keep 'em coming.

2 comments:

  1. These are priceless! The awfulness increases exponentially with every new post.

    2 + 2 = 5.
    That's why I teach English instead of math. :-P

    I bet the "love the world" people only had one D among their sign letters, and they thought it'd look better on the end of "world." The verb tense on the sign is technically incorrect in terms of Standard English, but it's accepted in some dialects of English (and the same construction is accepted in some other languages), and we can basically figure out what it's talking about. "For God so loved the worl" might take a little more work.

    The "control freak" sign struck me as strangely dirty. I'm probably the only one, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. There are at least two of us, Miss Kitty.

    "XXX Dominatix Baptisms - Next Sunday Night!"

    ReplyDelete