Thursday, May 10, 2007

But not at the same time, please.

submitted/post title by frequent contributor Micah Larsen, MN
As opposed to hug one's job tightly and do one's friends.
---------------------------------------------

submitted by frequent contributor Micah Larsen, MN
Nice to see this Reformed church has relaxed their denomination's theology a little bit. And by "relaxed", I of course mean "completely disregarded".

(Check out Article 13 of the Belgic Confession from the denomination's own website if you would like to see how badly they botched this sign.)
--------------------------------------------------------

submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor Micah Larsen, MN
Looks like God ran out of letters after the "&".
-----------------------------------------------------------

submitted by frequent contributor Duane B., VA
Don't we say "God rest his/her soul" after someone dies? So is this sign asking me if I'm dead?
Uh....."No, but thanks for asking."
------------------------------------------------
submitted by frequent contributor Duane B., VA
Ought we be naming youth events after catastrophic displays of God's judgement?
Next month: Catch fire at Sodom and Gomorrah!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"The greatest remedy for anger is delay."
submitted by frequent contributor Kevin Sample, TX (soon to be TN)
In a clear upset, "Praying about your anger" finished out of the medals.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"God is like bleach. He gets out stains others can't"
submitted by new contributor Patrick Lesley
Also, He should not be given to children. Or taken internally. Or used in large quantities.
I could go on.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The only thing to do is hug one's friends tightly and do humor-blogs.com

8 comments:

  1. To the first one, I can only say "Wha?" I could go on about hugging your enemies tightly, since we're supposed to love them, but I'm not sure that this sign demands that much doctrinal reflection.

    A youth event called "Flood" at a church called "Mt Ararat." Cute. Is this for non-church youth, then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing that the "soul at rest" sign made me think of was Augustine: "You have made us for yourself, oh Lord, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you." Even so, they still messed it up. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering if those top 4 signs are all the same church in disguise. They all look alike. Do churches all get their signs from the same company?! Maybe that is why they suck. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah that "is your soul at rest" sign is kind of scary.

    So here I am, stalking your page out loud. I've actually been here a few times and love your stuff, but I never feel worthy enough to comment.

    I'm going to start looking at our local church signs to see if I spot anything equally funny.

    I'm linking you to my page by the way. A few of my friends who I beg to come and read my blatherings would appreciate your insights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After I thought about it, the only reason I mentioned the stalking at Diesel's site is that I must be jealous that he has stalkers.

    Sad of me, really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the Flood event at Mt. Ararat is cool but they only let you join in pairs. (sets of seven if you're kosher)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope God is color-safe. I just used Him on my best shirt.

    ReplyDelete