Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I may be making a mole hill out of a mountain here...

submitted and asst. reviewed by new contributor Craig Schuler, PA
...but I think they got that backwards.

Props to Craig for the today's post title. Welcome aboard. Craig also notes that the sign has been like this for two weeks. Sigh.
-------------------------------------------------------------

submitted by frequent contributor Jennie Sowers, IN
Fundamentalists?
------------------------------------------------------------------


submitted by frequent contributor Jennie Sowers, IN
...Batman!
----------------------------------------------------

submitted by new contributor Jake Minton, AR
Actually, I'm pretty sure that was only a part of the Old Covenant.
-------------------------------------------------------

"Victories never come at bargain prices."
submitted and asst. reviewed by frequent contributor Beau Sorrell, MN
From the George Steinbrenner school of theology.
---------------------------------------------------------
"Today's tall oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground."
submitted by new contributor Stephanie Spruill, NC
So hold your ground, you nut.
----------------------------------------------------------
"Satan pays in counterfeit."
submitted by new contributor Lisa Langendorfer, OH
That sucks, because he just landed on Park Place and I have two hotels on it.
----------------------------------------------------------
"Three things important in life: Be Kind, Be Kind, Be Kind"
submitted AND reviewed by new contributor Greg Wilson
And the greatest of these is....?
------------------------------------------------------------
"Those who sow with thorns should not walk barefoot."
submitted by frequent contributor Joy C., NC
Those who sow with thorns are some seriously craptastic gardeners.
------------------------------------------------------------
"You cannot move a mountain by staring at it."
submitted by frequent contributor Joy C., NC
Everyone knows you have to ask it nicely.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Jesus is the everlasting technology that will never become obsolete."
submitted by frequent contributor Joy C., NC
...and Bill Gates just tried to patent Him.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Humor-blogs.com is the everlasting technology that will never become obsolete.

9 comments:

  1. I sow with needles so I don't have to go shirtless.

    Great t-shirts, btw. I may need to get me one of those. Why don't I have t-shirts for sale on my site? Somebody dropped the ball on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When asked about making stumbling blocks out of stepping stones, God said he did that because that is how things get done.

    God is my kind of guy. He can stop in at my house anytime for a pint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about those who sow with roses? can they walk barefoot??

    and what if you stare at the mountain FAITHFULLY.
    Matthew 17:20

    and finally, Steve Jobs just released the iJesus an 80gig pocket size savior. He holds 2000 salvations 500 miracles and can play 150,000 songs...coool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that new iJesus come with a choice of skins, as well. You can get a free blessing if you send in the UPC code.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I love how we reduce Jesus to a tool to work for us!

    I couldn't help thinking that the next three important things in life should be "Rewind, Rewind, Rewind."

    The "appoint a fish" gag is amazing, considering that Jonah appears to have been trying to commit suicide and escape his appointed task. He didn't just slip and fall overboard. The end result is scary still, since Jonah--though "saved" by the fish--pretty much ends up "lost" in his attitude at the end of the book. I would hope the salvation these folks are offering is longer-lasting than that.
    Besides, God already appointed a Lamb to do the job of saving, right?

    I can't imagine anything I'd rather do more than make a stumbling block or stepping stone out of that first sign! I have no earthly idea what they're trying to communicate there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can NOT get over how brilliant this site is. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, Rach, He doesn't come with a choice of skins. The only choice is pasty white.

    Charlottalove: Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As an architect, I must say that if some minds are like concrete, does that mean that some minds have gravel aggregate and lime in them and don't set well in cold conditions? Or that you shouldn't add too much water to the mind or it'll never set?

    If my architect husband and I ever walked past this sign, we'd get a ticket for loitering outside while heckling it for an hour and a half.

    ReplyDelete
  9. “When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then, I realized the Lord doesn't work that way. So, I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.”
    Emo Phillips

    ReplyDelete