Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Simians are unaffected:

submitted AND reviewed by new contributor Alli Thompson
I guess they didn't have room to put how it messes up pretty much all of creation, too.
-------------------------------------------------

submitted by frequent contributor S. Keith Sutton
I've reviewed this message before, but I always enjoy putting signs up with incorrect use of homophones.
-----------------------------------------------------

submitted by new contributor Shelley Walsh
This is a billboard from a series of sermons at a local church. I'm not sure what my thoughts are on this. It seems a little "ooky" (to use Shelley's word) to use sex to sell church. But this doesn't drive me crazy, like that last sign in yesterday's post.

Shelley also passed along this website for more info on the sermon series.

Any thoughts on something like this? Please comment on it below. I wonder what our friends over at Church Marketing Sucks would say about something like this...
-------------------------------------------------

"The only thing missing in CHR_CH is U!"

submitted by new contributor Camille Israel
Another sign I've reviewed before, but Camille swears up and down that they put the blank in the exact spot as indicated above. Hilarious.

I would give my left kidney in exchange of a picture of this sign. Camera phones, people!!

(I kid, Camille. Thanks for the submission).
----------------------------------------------------

Clay Pigeon. Vist today.

-----------------------------------------------------

Humor-blogs.com hurts the human family.

Keep 'em coming.

8 comments:

  1. How bad is it that for the last one, I'm just thinking "Why did they choose to rip off and sanitise Marilyn Manson's sAint?

    ReplyDelete
  2. After looking at the website, I'd say the Bringing Sexy Back billboard may be a good idea. It's a good message-- and lets be honest, as visuals on Billboards go, this is plenty tame. I'm willing to give the billboard a pass.

    Apparently there are commercials with this venture as well???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was Granger Community Church that used that image first for their sex series last year. Don't mind churches reusing graphics, but for the life of me I can't figure out what in the world that couple is doing giving the position of their feet. It almost looks like someone is hacking off people's legs and throwing them on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no problem with the "sexy" sign and I appreciate a church being willing to talk about sexuality. utech, I think they are cuddling, althugh I'm not sure how "her" right foot (the lower one in the pic)is flat on the bed. Maybe she's a contortionist? That would bring sexy back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A church in my town has the letters of its name attached to the building itself (I guess most do, but I'm trying to be specific that I DON'T mean its sign), and the U has fallen off. It looks accidental, but if I were in charge of its sign, I would definitely have to use the "only thing that's missing" pun. Alas, they have not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The person with the bigger feet seems to be lying prone, which to me suggests less "sexy" than, well, "dead." So, the billboard doesn't have the intended effect on me, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it me, or does the person with the smaller feet seem to have the feet of a very young teenage girl? That image disturbs me for some reason. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeehhh... I'm no prude, but any billboard I'd have trouble explaining to my six year old seems iffy to me. Besides, they coulda got 10 up and 10 down right.

    ReplyDelete