Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Gospel According to Jean Luc Picard

submitted/post title by frequent contributor Erik G.
From now on, He's only accepting diamonds in the offering plate.
------------------------------------------------------

sign reads "Two words for 2008: Change and fulfillment"
submitted by frequent contributor
BRWombat
This is a much better idea than their 2007 theme, "Uniformity and emptiness"
-----------------------------------------------

"Anger is the wind that blows out the lamp of the mind."
submitted by new contributor Amy
So if we conquer our temper, is that the same thing as breaking wind?
----------------------------------------------

"Love is a decision, not just a feeling."
submitted by frequent contributor BRWombat
It's more than a feeling, and don't forget, it's also a battlefield.

They could keep using dated rock music cliche's on their church sign! Next week: "Love Bites"
----------------------------------------------

I've got plenty of more territory to cover from BRWombat, so come back tomorrow...

---------------------------------------------

Coming soon....
---------------------------------------------

Anger is the wind that blows out the lamp of humor-blogs.com

Keep 'em coming.

8 comments:

  1. Make sure you go check out Bethany's blog, Joel. She has an amazingly insulting church sign over there (including quotation marks!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, what is the pigeon icon for and why am I not funny enough to be included in whatever undertaking it symbolizes? Are you still bitter about me knocking you off the 2nd place throne? Oh...I get it now...no mom bloggers allowed. Okay, whatever. FYI: I shoot pigeons and I'm a good shot!
    That probably didn't help my chances, did it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andi...I'm stealing that one for sure.

    Kadi...I don't know what "pigeon" icon you're talking about. And yes, I'm still bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean Luc Picard was the best Star Trek captain ever. I'm bitter even without seeing the imaginary pigeon, and I've never even sat on a throne. Is this Mattress Police caption contest talk? Man, I've been robbed so many times over there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In an attempt to discover the meaning of the pigeon reading a book monogrammed CP, in front of a target, I resorted to the source of all knowledge, Google. A search of "CP pigeon target" lead me to a researcher named C.P. Shimp who has written such articles as "Short term memory in the pigeon: Relative recency," "Metaknowledge in the pigeon: an organism's knowledge about its own behavior," " 'Artificial grammar Learning' in pigeons," and "Categorizing a moving target in terms of its speed and direction -- Complex visual concept in pigeons." I don't know what you have planned, but I'm afraid it's bound to be less funny than that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for "artificial grammar learning in pigeons"... I don't know what artificial grammar is, but I'm sure I use it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the signs/commentaries are funny too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Pigeons Reading at Target"

    ReplyDelete