Monday, August 28, 2006

New Disclaimer

Just working on an update to the website, and wanted to point out a new feature.

With the enormous increase in traffic in the last couple of weeks (long-time readers: you wouldn't believe it if I told you...) , I have felt an increasing responsibility to explain the raison d'etre for Crummy Church Signs.

Click here to read the brand new Disclaimer. I hope long-timers and noobs alike will take a look.

The Map of Crumminess will be updated Tuesday morning also.

Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. i dig it... way to go

    (from one of those hundred billion noobs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good disclaimer. I just have to wonder whether any of the hotheads will actually read it. I got some smart-@&@^$ on my site last week who went to the VERY FIRST entry from almost nine months ago and made a very-poorly-thought out--stupid, actually--comment. Good old Anonymous failed to read any of the other 239 posts.

    So good luck against the ubiquitous Anonymous and all those other folks who are just itching to send out nasty e-mails. I'll keep reading your site no matter how many "noobs" send hate mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I am hoping this cuts down on the diatribes in my inbox, but I also felt an explanation was needed for those people NOT emailing me about the site...

    I just kinda felt a responsibility because the website, with its huge amount of content, does come across a bit heavy-handed and I wanted to make sure I had a place to set the record straight.

    Welcome, Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all the traffic. The disclaimer is great, although it probably won't lessen your angry email.

    Speaking of lessened, people around here must be reading your site. Churches are replacing marquees with permanent signs and the marquees left are blah annoncements about service times and retirement receptions. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete