Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I'll bet that this church has horns in their praise band...

















submitted AND reviewed by Dianne Doede, WA
Well, I dunno....Revelation 21, maybe?

"Step on soles, not souls."
submitted AND reviewed by Dianne Doede, WA
Oh, no!! What have I been doing?!?

"Hear war in the Mideast? How safe are we?"
submitted by Dianne Doede, WA
This sign might be a little more frightening if someone could name me a time in the last....oh, I dunno...4,000 or so years when there hasn't been war in the Mideast.

"Jesus didn't say to ask the mountain to move."
submitted by Amy Jones. Sign from Starkville, MS
In this church's defense, the residents of Starkville, MS are in need of this type of positive, miracle-based thinking at the start of every college football season.

"Body piercing saved the world."
submitted by Amy Jones. Sign from Meeker, CO.
...as long as you forget about that resurrection thingy.

That sign reminds me to recommend this great book.

...and while I'm recommending recent stuff, you might also investigate this CD or this CD. If you like good pop/rock/alt music with an introspective bent.

"You can't walk with God and hold hands with Satan."
submitted by Jennifer Bezaire, Smyrna, TN
Can we just make out a little on the side?

"You should pay attention to your future. It is where you will spend the rest of your life."
Nice! A church that acknowledges the gospel of John 401:k over the gospel of John 3:16.

(I can just see it now...one day, in the audience of a televised golf tournament or squash match, some kook in the crowd with the rainbow wig and a hand-printed sign...JOHN 401:k. Heh heh.)

Two new states for the Map of Crumminess from this review (WA and CO)!! Thanks to Amy and Dianne, first time reviewers. I will update the Map soon over at the website.

Keep sending the signs in here.

1 comment:

  1. The weirdo in the crowd at a University of Georgia football game--as the Masters is a little too highfalutin' for me--with the rainbow wig and JOHN 401:K sign will be me, Joel. :-P

    Then you'll KNOW Crummy Church Sings has gone big time!

    ReplyDelete