Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Turnaround: Every now and then I fall apart....















submitted by Jennie Sowers, New Castle, IN
Also that way you can beat the rush on the "Devil Days of September".

-------------------------------------------------------------------















submitted by Micah Larsen
I would be pretty fearful if I attended this church...it appears to meet in the median of a busy road!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"If I try and be like someone else, who will try and be like me?"
submitted by Cheryl Bezaire, Smyrna, TN
Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me. Oh, and I'm a sinner saved by grace.

"God is like honey. Mmmm Mmmm Good."
submitted by Utica Chisholm, Charlotte, NC
OK, if you are going to use a crappy pop culture reference, you must at least get it right!!!! Campbell's Soup is Mmmm Mmmm Good. Or at least it used to be. I will admit, however, that after some research: Honey needs a catchy slogan to up its street cred.

"Without the potter, I'm just a lump"
submitted by Wes Kenney. Sign from TX
These lumps lingered last in line for brains. The ones they got were sorta rotten and insane. Are these lumps out of my head? I think so.

(I also think they're out of their head.)

Lyric quiz: where'd I steal that last review?? Answer here.

"It is good to be saved and know it. But go on and show it."
submitted by Jennifer Bezaire, Smyrna, TN
From Thomas C. Nelson Co.'s latest attempt to market the Bible: The Bible According to Dr. Seuss.

"Do your best, let Jesus do the rest."
submitted by Jennifer Bezaire, Smyrna, TN
I'm feeling pretty lazy, so just use the same review as above.

"Here comes the sun!"
submitted AND reviewed by David Finch, DC
DUCK!! (Whew, that was a close one...Jesus nearly singed my eyebrows.)

"Time is a gift from God."
submitted AND reviewed by David Finch, DC
I hope He included a gift receipt in case its not my size.

"Jesus paid for your sins too. So why don't you let Him have them?"
submitted by Jennifer Bezaire, Smyrna, TN
If He already paid for them...didn't he have to have them to do that? I think this crummy church sign just proved Calvinism, though I don't think it intended to.

(Please don't email me complaining if you don't think that last sign proved Calvinism. It was just a joke. Even though it really did....) :)

Thanks for the onslaught of signs! Keep 'em coming!

Also, be sure to check www.crummychurchsigns.com for the archives!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeeeeeeah! Awesome Bonnie Tyler reference! That's one of my fave songs from the '80s!

    This group was SO incredibly bad. I'm shaking my head in wonderment...and trying not to vomit. Hilarious, yet sad!

    ReplyDelete