Saturday, August 12, 2006

"God's last name is not dammit."

submitted by Beau Sorrell, Buffalo, MN
And my mother's last name is not....well, you know...but that doesn't mean I am gonna tell the whole neighborhood about it on my church sign.

You know how when kids are just learning to read, they read everything out loud? "But why shouldn't I say that word, mommy? I just read it off of our church sign!"

Nicely done, whoever thought of that idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A big thanks to frequent contributor Rev. Wes Kenney for the nice post on his blog today. I am glad some people get a chuckle out of this idea, but I am even more glad when it provides a little bit of a service. (...and I do mean little).

Borrowing from one of Rev. Kenney's thoughts in his post, I am thinking of introducing WWJS bracelets (What Would Joel Say?).


I'm kidding.


-----------------------------------------------------------------

Minnesota joins the map of crumminess with this sign, courtesy of Beau!! An update soon....

You can see the aforementioned Map of Crumminess, as well as the categorized archives for this blog at www.crummychurchsigns.com

Keep sending the signs in here.

1 comment:

  1. When I see this sign at a church, I always want to go in and ask, "So what IS God's last name? Smith? Murphy? Humperdinck?" Yeah, smart sign. Ooo-wee.

    ReplyDelete