Sunday, August 13, 2006

Almost at a loss for words.....(almost).....

















submitted by Miss Kitty, GA. Sign from LaGrange, GA
Little or no experience writing a church sign that makes any sense at all? Yes, I agree.

I almost couldn't think of anything to say. Usually, to make fun of a sign, I have to have some idea of what they were trying to accomplish. I have no idea here.

"Jesus family reunion.
Sundays 8:00 and 11:00 AM"
submitted AND reviewed by Les DuLunch , McDonough, GA. Sign from Riverdale, GA
OK Jesus, you bring the drinks and I'll bring the deviled eggs...er...on second thought, I'll just bring the potato salad.

"If you are going to scatter thorns, don't go barefoot."
submitted by Les DuLunch. Sign from Stockbridge, GA
If, however, you are going to wear shoes, scatter all the thorns you want.

What a crappy message: If you're going to spread discord, make sure your own butt is covered first. Then, go ahead and wreak havok.

Actually, that sounds like par for the course for a lot of churches...no wonder we're so screwed up sometimes.

See the categorized archives here.

Send in your crummy signs here.

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps it was "Little Or No Experience With God!" and some prankster stole three letters, and replaced the question mark with an exclamation point. Christ, I don't know :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend & I stood in front of the sign for five or so minutes trying to figure out what it could mean. We didn't have any luck, either.

    Here in "Small Town," Georgia, this church has the reputation of being rather money-conscious and snooty, so I didn't particularly want to attend Sunday's service to find out what the ^$&% the sign was all about. I assume that this was the pastor's sermon topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what the heck is an AWANA? Is it like I Wanna, but they don't have any I experience?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And what the heck is an AWANA?

    AWANA is a children's ministry program. Of course, I'm only assuming that's the AWANA being referred to here. Clearly the sign is barely targeting non-members, let alone non-Christians.

    Incidentally, I see that this church is also one perilous letter away from being very un-hip, even if the promotional message didn't accomplish that on its own.

    ReplyDelete