Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"Help wanted: to assist a carpenter in repairing broken souls."

submitted by frequent contributor Kyle E., AL
...because, trust me, the carpenter in question needs a lot of help sometimes.

"Without God, we don't have a prayer."
submitted AND reviewed by new contributor Duane B., VA
A non-believer would see this and say "I agree. So what?"
A believer would see this and say "I agree. So what?"

"Don't worry about tomorrow. God is already there."
submitted AND reviewed by increasingly frequent contributor Suzi H., NC
Well...I guess that explains why yesterday sucked.

"Fault finding is a skill that should be buried."
submitted AND reviewed by Suzi H. NC
I've heard of anti-semitism, but anti-seismologism??

-------------------------------------------------------
An occasional new feature on CCS....what Joel is doing. Basically, anything I am currently enjoying watching, listening to, or reading. In case anyone cares.

Joel is listening to:
"Light Grenades" by Incubus

Joel is reading:
"Prayer" by Philip Yancey
"Justice League of America" (ongoing) by Brad Meltzer


Keep the crumminess coming here.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I get really drunk and turn into an anti-seismologist. All the world's wars were caused by seismologists, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do sincere, well-meaning Christians come to the conclusion that God needs our help?

    Funny that you're reading a Philip Yancey book, Joel. I'm reading Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton that has a new foreword by Yancey.

    Ironic...huh?

    Er...

    I guess not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize Incubus was still around. I was in high school when they were real popular last I think (and I believe I really liked them back then, but can't exactly remember).

    ReplyDelete