Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Take a look at them now....

submitted by Duane Brown, VA
Speaking of odds, I'll put 4-1 on this church making it onto this website at least one more time.
-----------------------------------------------

submitted by Duane Brown, VA
"Guest paster"?? Do they really advertise who is helping with craft time in Sunday School?

---------------------------------------------



submitted AND reviewed by Duane Brown, VA
I'll come back when the outlook's a little brighter, thanks.

Joel's note: I agree with the sign. Maybe such a statement deserves more than 6 words of explanation, though.


----------------------------------------------



submitted AND reviewed by Duane Brown, VA
Wow...if it wasn't for this church sign, I would have forgotten!
---------------------------------------------------


submitted by Duane Brown, VA
Nothing like a bunch of teenagers to dispense valuable insight and wisdom....
----------------------------------------------
submitted AND reviewed by Duane Brown, VA
It's January 31...is Jesus the reason for hockey season, too?!?
------------------------------------
"Overtime may bring home the bacon, but not the bread of life."
submitted by frequent contributor Les DuLunch, GA
Now if only we could find a metaphor involving lettuce and tomatoes...then at least we could make a yummy metaphorical BLT.
Obviously, Duane needs to hit the frequent contributors page. Nicely done, sir.

7 comments:

  1. I love the souper bowl sunday one. I may have to serve soup this weekend now ... my family would get a kick out of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joel. Now I have that song in my head.

    The "Summit's Youth" one has a good message: If you only have one pair of quotes, don't waste them on the first line. You might need them later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered if anyone would get the song reference in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Summit's Youth" makes me wonder if this is really the 30-45 crowd who were the "Youth" Sunday School class years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you like this for an unfunny church sign?
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/070201/19/129s9.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Overtime may bring home the bacon, but not the bread of life.

    Really, that has to be in the Hall of Shame. But I laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joel: thank you for my daily dose of Phil Collins. I burst out laughing the moment I saw your post title.

    ReplyDelete