Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'll have Decaf:

"Free coffee. Eternal Life. Membership has its privileges."
submitted by new contributor Danny M.
We listed them in order of importance.

---------------------------------------------------


"If we don't talk you don't have a prayer. -God."
submitted by new contributor Laura R.
"Seriously, Gabriel: If he doesn't call me soon, it's over between us!"

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Conscience is a faults alarm. God is the battery."
submitted by new contributor Laura R.
Of course, the battery is only there in case the real power goes out.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"See the world's strongest redneck!"
submitted by frequent contributor Christine
This Sunday at St. Barnum and Bailey's Baptist Church!


That's one of those signs where there almost has to be a picture to even believe it exists.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Last day to vote!!

---------------------------------------------------------


This post cross-posted on:

Humor-Blogs.com

Alltop Humor

N.I.T.

----------------------------------------------

Submit!

13 comments:

  1. So the mute population are all hellbound, I take it?

    Hey,I think that the free coffee idea is awesome. Starbucks/Church...they could put in a drive thru confessional. Order a Venti latte and absolved of your sins for free! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I get my Eternal Life with a venti Irish Breakfast tea, no creme, no sugar. Thanks. Oh and a cranberry scone too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "God is the battery."

    And make sure you change your God every time you set your clock back for daylight-saving time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is like a dead battery. He has no potential.





    Note: It just sounds like an insult. The theology is actually sound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is a "faults alarm?"

    A false alarm? Is this an eggcorn?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should emphasize that it's a poorly done malapropism, at that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not an Eggcorn, methinks, but a malapropism:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malapropism

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suppose in some technical sense it may be a malapropism, but I always thought that term was used for occasions when the character/person didn't intend to use the wrong word - that is, it is due to ignorance of the language.

    In this case it just seems to be intended word play for the sake of the pun.

    ...yeah, because I go to church for puns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. World's Strongest Redneck - his real name is Steve McGranahan. I know him, he actually used to support my wife and I (we work with Campus Crusade).

    He has a great ministry (of that type) and definitely has a wonderful heart for the Lord (and a crazy testimony).

    http://www.stevemcgranahan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Faults alarm? I sure hope they don't live anywhere near the San Andreas False.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha! i'll take a double latte and a shot of salvation please!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great comments here! Thanks Jayson for the link to the Redneck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man, I hate it when God starts to go dead and my conscience chirps all night until I finally whack it with a broom handle.

    ReplyDelete