Thursday, June 19, 2008

God hates deadbeat dads?

"God loves the man who brings his children to church rather than sending them."
submitted/post title by frequent contributor Sarah A.
Though he's ambivalent if you just keep your kid at home on Sundays.

---------------------------------------------------------------


"One cannot be happy and envious at the same time."
submitted by frequent contributor Sarah A.
Man...I wish I'da thought of that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Free blood pressure screening. June 22, 10 AM"
submitted/asst. reviewed by frequent contributor Rev. Wes Kenney
Not a bad idea...but notice that the date is this Sunday morning.

Hmmm...false advertising, or a bait-and-switch, perhaps?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why do you ring my bell?"
submitted/asst. reviewed by frequent contributor Susannah
You said I could!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"There isn't a single thing that Jesus can't conquer, cotrol, or change."-
submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor Bruce B.
The multiplicity of bad church signs has apparently overwhelmed Him, though.


And my father assures me: They did, in fact, spell "control" incorrectly.

--------------------------------------------------------

No post tomorrow...my wife is taking the day off of work, we're going to the zoo and some other fun places. Have a great weekend! See you Monday...

---------------------------------------------------------------


Click these, please:

Humor-Blogs.com


Alltop Humor

N.I.T.

----------------------------------------------

Submit!

8 comments:

  1. "Free blood pressure screening. June 22, 10 AM"

    Do they offer one before and after the sermon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come for the free blood pressure screening, stay for the eternal salvation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "God loves the man who brings his children to church rather than sending them."

    At our church, we are aiming the gospel at children, so we love it when unchurched parents drop off their kids. When a child receives Christ, that's our entry into that family.

    We rather work it this way than insult those same parents with a sign like this.

    Shame, shame, shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God loves the dads
    Hates the deadbeatedness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTF-You're doing poor in the humor blogs ranking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that I don't comment as often as I should, but I do read every day! I promise!

    I was wondering if you could help me out a little bit. I'm trying to start what could be a rather large project. Come check out my blog to read about my very exciting idea for a bloggers video. And don't forget to drag your friends and readers into it, too. Kicking and screaming if you have to. This will only turn out great if lots of people get involved! You know you wanna do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Ironic CatholicJune 23, 2008 at 11:40 AM

    Ha, as usual.

    But seriously--my church does blood pressure screening after Mass, so maybe that is what they were going for...more to remind the people already attending there.

    Never thought about worship's influence on blood pressure though. There's a master's thesis for you.

    ReplyDelete