Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Family Affair

Today, we have a bunch of signs seen and reviewed by members of my family. First of all, these were seen and reviewed by my sister Emily.

"TGIF - Today God is First"
In here, it's always Sunday.

"Make your life a story worth telling."
Embellish as necessary.

Next are signs seen by Emily and reviewed by me:

"A hero is one who can stand a minute longer"
Unlike that wuss Jesus who punked out too early on the cross.

"The hero's life is the seed of freedom"
Three cheers for Superman!

"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."
That's all it takes to be perfect? Bad news, pal.

And finally, seen by Emily and reviewed by my father Bruce.

"If you cannot do great things, do small things greatly"
Disregard this sign as an example.

-----------------------------------------------------------

We're running out of days in the week, so expect my guest post at Mattress Police to appear soon. I'll be back with another post on whatever day it finally arrives.

-----------------------------------------------------------



This post cross-posted on:

Humor-Blogs.com

Alltop Humor

N.I.T.

----------------------------------------------

Submit!

7 comments:

  1. Joel, I'm afraid I missed your Superman reference. Could you explain that one--and quickly, before they revoke my pop-culture geek membership?

    "pleasure in the job..." what if I enjoy my job, but really suck at it? Like "Conscience is the root of all truth" in the previous post, this was not well thought-out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a purposeful misunderstanding of their definition of "hero". Nothing to hilarious or ground breaking. You didn't miss much :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joel...
    You win the Ownage of the Day award. Ah heck, let's go all out. Ownage of the WEEK.

    You go man.
    =3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joel, That's what I was afraid of. Membership revocation: Averted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Am I a hero yet?"
    "Almost. Just one more minute."
    ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. know what? for all your cleverness, your comment on that one about the hero standing a minute longer is more dangerous than you obviously realize

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are you talking about? Is that a veiled threat? How am I supposed to take that?

    ReplyDelete