Monday, May 5, 2008

VOTE for the BEST COMMENT!


Steve Sensenig:
"The gospel according to Van Gogh"

D.J. Williams:
"But honestly, your face as a whole isn't your best tool."

Allen's Brain:
"Why the Winged Victory of Samothrace is so lonely."

Alli:
"What?!?! I just spent 4 grand on braces!!"

Saint Schizophrenia:
"Yeah, only those who like aural sex."

Bruce:
"However if you don't want any friends at all, try using a sign."

Eric P:
"From "Too Polite Euphemisms, Vol. 7". Listed under 'Shut Up'. "

Poke:
"Sadly, the flame war between the Christian Otologist Federation (COF) and the League of Christian Dentists (LCD) will never end."

Diesel:
"On the other hand, it's not really about quantity, is it?"

Scott Gordon
:
"Perhaps God should have thought of that when He made Eve for Adam."





If you vote, feel free to leave a comment about who you voted for, why you liked their comment, and anyone else you considered. Remember that the winner receives a signed copy of the Crummy Church Signs book. I also might make a little web banner that they can put on their blog.

This first contest really exceeded my expectations in terms of both the quantity and quality of the comments. There were about 5 or 6 others I really wanted to include. Great job, everyone!! I have an absolutely terrible sign saved up for the next contest, which I'll probably bust out next Monday. That is, if you all enjoyed the contest. Is this something you'd like to see more of at CCS? Let me know in the comments section, please! And if you just can't get enough commenting, today is the last day to get your captions in for Diesel's Incredible Hulk themed contest.

In the meantime, I have maybe the worst sign ever submitted for tomorrow. Really. No lie. You have to see this to believe it.


This post cross-posted on:

Humor-Blogs.com

Alltop Humor

N.I.T.

----------------------------------------------

Submit!

10 comments:

  1. The Saint, who perhaps isn't so saintly, cracked me up big time. I always vote for the person who makes me laugh out loud.

    At second place (in my world), Steve came in second with Scott a hair's breath behind. Poke tickled my funny bone a bit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, I'm all a-flutter. The first two comments are about little ol' me. *bats eyelashes coyly*

    Thanks for your votes but sadly, I had to give my vote to D.J. Passed the laugh out loud test for me.

    And by the by, I am puh-fectly saintly. And humble too.

    Just ask me. I'll tell ya.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for picking mine, Joel. I looked through the comment section yesterday and figured you'd have a tough time. A lot of really good comments.

    I for one would love this to continue, as I am in serious doubt that I will win this one, and I'd like that signed copy of the book.

    Poke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliment, quilldancer.

    Poke

    ReplyDelete
  5. So yeah, Ditto to Poke's first comment.

    I'm afraid I voted for my own, but I think the "Winged Victory of Samothrace" deserves extra points for creative thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poke wins. Big words are always funnier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shamelessly voted for myself even though D.J. Williams' is the funniest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the contest- hope you do it again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I am just happy to be here"...what every loser (like me in this case) says to make themselves feel better! I also, like Nicole D., look forward to the next one...I want another shot at the ring.

    Sola Gratia!

    ReplyDelete