Friday, May 2, 2008

Watch for Water in Roadway:

submitted/post title by frequent contributor BRWombat
Is must be the rogue Shakespearean troupe performing near the water that's hindering you.


(Bible verses are normally OK. But could we please give it some context....and a translation from the past 250 years?)
------------------------------------------

submitted by frequent contributor BRWombat
Oh, good. Now that I know what it isn't I'll be sure to recognize it when I see it.


BRWombat and I agree: Why wouldn't they finish that verse?!? Or just put the last half??
------------------------------------------

submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor BRWombat
It means someone should proofread your signs?
-----------------------------------------------

"At the end of your inning, don't strike out."
submitted by frequent contributor Rachel H.
But if you pop out to the shortstop, that's OK.
---------------------------------------------

Commentary has ended on the contest. I have a pretty good idea of the Top Ten already, but I'll review this weekend. Come back Monday for the poll and vote for your favorite! I'll announce the winner next Thursday after a few days of voting.

Meanwhile if you can't get enough captioning, I'm pretty sure Diesel is due for another caption contest starting today. See how I timed that? Do you see what I did there??
-------------------------------------------

I have had two of the worst signs ever submitted this past week. I'll come back with one early next week, and I might just save the other for the next commentary contest. Either way...you don't want to miss next week's posts. Wow.
-------------------------------------------

This post cross-posted on:


Humor-Blogs.com

Alltop Humor

N.I.T.

----------------------------------------------

Submit!

9 comments:

  1. "Followship" is a word I've heard all my life at various times. A "made up" church word for sure, based on Jesus' words in Luke 9:23, etc. Maybe a confusing sign, but properly proofed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yeah, it's definitely Christianese so passers-by might think it's a misprint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I thought I might have heard it once also...but I liked Brad's caption, so I ran with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was
    sex n drugs n rock n roll
    that
    the Kingdom of God was not.

    I'm sure someone told me that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first church must have misplaced their ancient Greek letters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: The kingdom is not meat and drink - Does this mean there's no church fellowship dinner, then?

    How about a followship dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Due to the printing of ONLY a partial verse proves where all the messed up cults and wrong religions come from!!!! I think there should be a law against using only half a verse!! Context Context Context people!!!! That is uncalled for in a church and would actually turn a lot of unbelievers away, who think literally and not spiritually!!

    Ok well that is my 2 cents and I will climb off my soap box now! :)

    And to what Allen's brain said....those of us with Baptist upbringings would be very shocked that there would be no pot lucks in Heaven!!! LOL!!!

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apparently, the East Side Church of Christ has a set of letters with only two "T's."

    Fortunately, they have plenty of "I's."

    And electrical tape.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The whole "meat and drink" thing is probably a Catholic reference regarding the doctrine of the Real Presence. (The coC hates us.) :-)

    ReplyDelete