Monday, November 13, 2006

With a flamethrower?
















submitted by Chuck S.
And an optimist builds bridges before he gets to them, I suppose?
-----------------------------------------------













submitted by frequent contributor Micah Larsen, MN
What is worse: A church sign with a crummy play on words ("Fight truth decay; brush up on your Bible!") or a church sign that tries to use that same crummy play on words but fails miserably? I'll take the latter.
------------------------------------------------













It says "Form good habits, they're as hard to break as bad ones"
submitted by frequent contributor Micah Larsen, MN
I know what they mean. How can I afford to keep feeding my smack addiction when I keep giving my money away to poor people?!?
-----------------------------------------------














It says "Guaranteed not to bore the hell out of you"
submitted by frequent contributor Micah Larsen, MN
We'll let you keep all the hell you want. Please just come to our church.

Tee hee. Aren't we revolutionary? We used "hell" like a swear word!
--------------------------------------------------
"Give thanks today -- get ahead of the rush"
submitted AND reviewed by Jennifer from Earthen Vessel (OK)
Because God has no time for you on Thanksgiving.

"We disobey God with our actions"
submitted by Devin Carlile, MO
Well...you gotta give them some credit for their honesty, don't you?

"God's yard sale: rejects accepted."
submitted by Thorunn McCoy, TN
I went to God's yard sale, and the selection was so much better than at Satan's Swap Meet.

"Nice car, but will it get you to heaven?"
submitted by Thorunn McCoy, TN
Sorry, but my sweet chariot is in the shop.

Keep 'em coming.

7 comments:

  1. Did I miss the memo? Is this like, Far-Away Monday or something?

    The people who made that second sign need to go read some Dr. Seuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, as a new reader I'm going to make a commitment to use my camera phone wisely and get you some content. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: "Truth Decay," at least they spelled "weekly" correctly.
    "Worship weakly" would have been even funnier, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit, I like the "We promise not to bore the Hell out of you." sign. I've been to too many churches that seemed to think that blandness was equal to Godliness. Sure, it's not the best play on words, but it might get a seeker in the door. I would probably visit this church.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kq - What they don't tell you on the sign is that they BEAT the hell out of you.

    Regarding that last one, all I can say is "Not as long as I'm on THIS highway!!! WOOOOOO!!!!" (Makes devil sign in the air and shakes mullet wildly).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course God has no time for you on Thanksgiving; He'll be watching His team through that hole in the roof... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ?!?

    There's no hole in the roof of Ford Field, Rev. Kenney....

    ReplyDelete