Monday, November 27, 2006

I really need to update my Frequent Contributors...















submitted by soon to be added frequent contributor Chuck S.


Phew! As in "Phew! That was a close call, as I was nearly sideswiped by a tractor trailer while trying to read the entire contents of that church sign!"


---------------------------------------------















submitted by frequent contributor Miss Kitty, GA
Good idea. In fact, I think I know where we can find some kindling....
--------------------------------------------------

"Just because we come from dirt doesn't mean we should wallow in it."
submitted by soon to be added frequent contributor Kyle E., AL
I wasn't aware that there was a large contingent of churchgoers who who feel that we should wallow in it. Or non-churchgoers, for that matter.

"What is politically correct may not be Biblically correct"
submitted by soon to be added frequent contributor Kyle E., AL
Don't mind us, world; it's just our little built-in excuse for being a bunch of jerks.

"Be thankful for dirty dishes, because that means you have food to eat."
submitted AND reviewed by soon to be....oh you know.... Adam from AskingY
Well, I guess my wife and I have a lot to be thankful for at our house.

Note about that last sign: Though there are less corny ways of saying it...they're right. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

God Bless.

Keep 'em coming.

3 comments:

  1. Just goes to show that people toss around phrases and don't know what they mean (i.e., "politically correct"). That bugs the ^%$# out of me.

    Good bunch of signs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the world is cold, start a fire? What the heck does that even mean?

    For the next one, they could also use "Just because we're descended from monkeys doesn't mean we have to act like them." I bet that would get some attention.

    BTW, Joel and Joel's faithful readers, you are all invited to participate in the
    Lamest Contest Ever. Hope you don't mind the shameless self-promotion....

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid my Mom had a plaque in her kitchen with the little poem:

    Thank God for dirty dishes,
    They have a tale to tell;
    While others are going hungry,
    We're eating very well.

    I can't believe I remember that twenty-five years later.

    ReplyDelete