Thursday, November 30, 2006

Recently seen Crummy Church Signs....















submitted by new contributor Rich S.
Oooh! Ooooh! I want to play!

Ahem...

"Recently seen license plate RTG 564"

Nah...wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

Note: It's "Seventy Times Seven". I'm sure that it makes complete sense to the average passer-by.


“The right train of thought can take you to a better station in life.”
submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor Nickie A., AL
Alright, I think I’m insanely wealthy and have the body of a supermodel…hey, it’s not working!

Joel's note: Also, the wrong train of thought takes you to where Snidely Whiplash is tying Nell to the tracks. Not a pretty sight.

“Don’t plan the future with a rear-view mirror.”
submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor Nickie A., AL
But it works well enough for checking my makeup.

“You can’t walk backward into the future.”
submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor Nickie A., AL
But you can drive there if you have a DeLorean.

“What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity.”
submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor Nickie A., AL
What sunshine is to popcicles, this sign is to intelligence and common sense.


Please note: I am thinking of asking Nickie to take over the entire Crummy Church Signs Project, as she clearly has hit the mother lode of never-before-submitted signs, and she is snarkier than I am anyways (which isn't easy to accomplish). All in favor, say "Aye".

Keep 'em coming.

8 comments:

  1. I happen to know that Nickie A. actually does have the body of a supermodel. She keeps it in the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't walk backward into the future.

    Other candidates include:

    "Don't bet your future on a roll of the dice."

    and

    "Better remember, lightning never strikes twice."

    Who needs the Bible when you have Huey Lewis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Diesel!
    "I need a new sign, one that won't make me sick..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are making me cry. Stop! Stop! hahahaha!

    (Thanks for explaining the first one. I was totally not getting it. [Which is pretty much the whole point, right?])

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't 70X7 make more sense?
    I'm kinda wondering how many fender-benders you have to get in before you merit a license plate like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anybody who quotes Huey Lewis RAWKS, in my book. :-P

    Joel, you should at least make Nickie executive VP of Crummy Church Signs. Twice the snarkiness, twice the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. and here all this time I just like saying "Snarkie"...it sounds funny..it makes me laugh right out loud.
    SNAREKEY...southern style...

    ReplyDelete