Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Some restrictions apply:

submitted AND reviewed by frequent contributor BRWombat
The government bail-out has officially gone too far.
---------------------------------------------------

submitted by frequent contributor Allen's Brain
...because your old life off-line sucks.
-------------------------------------------------

"Spring washes away the dark and dingy world"
submitted by frequent contributor Ironic Catholic
Apparently Satan is like the witch in the Wizard of Oz. All it takes is a little water...
----------------------------------------------------

A couple of interesting tidbits from CCS world. First, some may have missed the comment left by "Anonymous" on last Thursday's post (the post that Emily guest-posted):

"Joel your a #1 jerk these churches has done nothing to you. I AM PERSONAL GOING TO NOTIFY THE PASTORS OF THESE LOCAL ASSEMBLIES AND HAVE LEGAL ACTION TAKING AGAINST YOU AND THIS SITE FOR UNEXCUSED ACTS TO DESTROY THE CHARACTER OF THESE CHURCHES AND THERE CONGREGATIONS"

I post this partly to show the incredible intestinal fortitude it takes for someone to post such threats under the pseudonym "Anonymous". If you're gonna sue me, then you probably ought to have the stones to back up your threats. Just sayin'.

Secondly, I use this empty threat to segue into a note I received from a new reader, named Dee. While the incredibly literate and coherent "Anonymous" claims that ...

"...these churches has done nothing to you..."

...I encourage Anonymous and anyone else to visit Dee's blog and read her personal church sign story. Thankfully, Dee is a Christ-follower whose church sign experience didn't turn her off of Jesus forever. How many stories are there out there with alternate endings??

Allow me to reiterate for the reading public once again. I am a Christian. Christians (me included) should do better than we are currently doing. In all aspects of life. Including church signs. That's why this blog is here. Please read the sidebar disclaimer for more information.

And for Anonymous, all I can say is:
"Eye will try too do better from know on. Their is know excuse for my being a #1 jerk."


This post cross-posted on:

Humor-Blogs.com

Alltop Humor

N.I.T.

----------------------------------------------

Submit!

16 comments:

  1. Fooking hilaireous!

    I love it when people post replies like the ones above. It's like the old saying goes, "Better to remain silent and have people think you are a fool than open your mouth and erase all doubt." In this case typing your asinine statement counts as opening your mouth.

    Joel, your are #1 right guy. The world does need to try harder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if anything, this site makes me want to read church signs.

    Another Christian reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1! Really? Really? For actual? I mean top 100, definitely.... but Anonymous should really go meet more people if he's giving you the number #1 spot. Has he MET Diesel?

    I also hate anonymous comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm such a huge fan of this site. thought i'd throw a little encouragement your way. in my mind it has consistently done what you've hoped. it sends a good message in a humorous way. hopefully these churches are far more than their signs. :)

    much love,

    tuf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all.

    And Lisa: I figured I'd be on the medal stand, but no way I thought my anthem would be playing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That comment is more amusing than all of this week's signs combined.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Lisa. There's no way you beat me out for #1 jerk.

    Of course, that part isn't in ALL CAPS, so maybe we're not supposed to take it seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joel
    I have important news.

    I was just walking along the road to Damascus
    Pizza and Gyros.

    I had a vision
    and have Great News.

    Your excused!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have another Church sign story like the one you linked to --

    In my home town, opposite of a T-intersection of two busy roads, there was a church that had on the side of it, in large red letters, "PREPARE TO MEET THY GOD." It was meant to have a stunning effect on the people who came down the hill of one road -- catch their attention, make them think. I always thought it was kind of macabre.

    Anyway, about nine years ago, my older cousin drove down that hill, was turning left on a green arrow onto the other road when her car was struck by a drunk driver going twice the speed limit. She's survived, thankfully. However, the last thing she saw before she was hit was the church and the "PREPARE TO MEET THY GOD."

    A few months later the sign was taken down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have, for many years, rolled my eyes at stupid church signs. Then to find this site...I was delighted! I just about roll on the floor now,dying with laughter What a great way to start the day! By the way, Dee (mentioned in above blog) is my sister...and a TON of fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BTW...congrats on the accomplishment :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, the houses are beautiful, but if it is anything like my neighborhood, it is better just to rent, so you can bail out when "Diamond" decides to move in and start dealing out of the house. Hey...he is born again. It could happen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What the most amusing thing to me is that the writer of the hateful email is apparently somewhat of a moron in that it is smack full of errors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judging by anonymous's grasp of the English language, I'm guessing that he probably wrote some of these signs himself, so I can understand the hostility.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If anonymous can personally contact ALL these pastors, then anonymous evidently lives in the SAME town as all the pastors.

    How scary is that?

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're #1! You're #1!!!!

    YAY!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete