Thursday, April 10, 2008

Guest Reviewer: Emily, the non-crummy sister

Today, we have a special guest reviewer of church signs....Emily, the non-crummy sister. Emily is an up-and-coming artist, scroll down below the church sign reviews to check out some of her work.

Emily is also an up-and-coming snarker....actually, I take that back. She's got me beat in that area, too. Here are today's signs and reviews, all submitted and reviewed by Emily:

"You are on Heaven's Most Wanted list"
Does John Walsh host that, too?

"Clear your mind of can't"
Okay, as long as 'won't' is still acceptable.

"If love was a crime would you be found guilty"
Well, it is a battlefield, and I do give it a bad name...

"Sin has no minimum wage"
And if it did, it would definitely be higher than $5.85 an hour.

"The path with no obstacles usually leads nowhere"
Video game theology for our modern times.

-------------------------------------------
As I mentioned, Emily is an up-and-coming artist. You can see samples of her work on her MySpace page, but for those of you without MySpace accounts, here are some of her specialties:

Ink Drawings:





Graphite/Pencil Portraits:



The scans really don't do them justice (especially the portraits), but I think you can see the talent evident there. If you're interested in learning more about them, or in a commission, get in touch with me through the submission button at the bottom of this post, and I'll put you in touch with her.


Speaking of art, you must go read Diesel's fabulous take on Thomas Kinkade, Painter of Shite (LIGHT, sorry.....). Great stuff.

-----------------------------------

Keep Clickin'!
This post cross-posted on:

Humor-Blogs.com

Alltop Humor

N.I.T.

----------------------------------------------

Submit!

17 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it have been proper etiquette to entitle this as "The Emily Post"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Har. I think you're on to something, Allen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Clear your mind of can't"

    In church circles that should more often read
    "Clear your mind of cant"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, the wages of sin and attempting to live on $5.85 an hour are similar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about, "Clear your mind of Kant." (As in Immanuel Kant, 18th century German philosopher who taught that no one can know for sure whether there is or isn't a God or an afterlife.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily's art work is fab! I ove the last portrait. Her snarkiness is pretty sharp, too.

    Looks like the whining paid off, #2. Judging by the numbers, one is just a dream ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Em! You are very talented. Question: I make less than minimum wage as a stay at home mom. Would a position as one of Satan's minions be considered a promotion? Is he hiring?

    ReplyDelete
  8. "put" not "pull"

    See how all this hard work wears a guy down??

    ReplyDelete
  9. quilly:

    Yeah, I'll not go any higher than #2. But I feel that with all the effort I pull in here (like finding guest bloggers and copying/pasting their responses), I deserve to be that high.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily - nice work! Art and snark. I must say that I'm partial to Bennetar and Bon Jovi response. I may have snorted in laughter from that one. Your portraits are incredible.

    Joel - Thanks you so much for the link to the Diesel's blog. TK's work crawls up under my skin and lays eggs. That was just beautiful.

    Also, I dig the tunes on your myspace. Sad the band is defunct.

    -thesaint

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, thanks to everyone, especially Joel! This is pretty nice, considering I didn't even know I was guest-posting until yesterday.

    Kant, John Walsh, Bennetar, and Bon Jovi all in one post- could the mind have handled it...?

    Kadi: I agree- stay at home moms deserve AT LEAST as much respect and as many perks as Satan's minions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Ironic CatholicApril 11, 2008 at 4:36 AM

    Awesome art and posts. A renaissance woman!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joel your a #1 jerk these churches has done nothing to you. I AM PERSONAL GOING TO NOTIFY THE PASTORS OF THESE LOCAL ASSEMBLIES AND HAVE LEGAL ACTION TAKING AGAINST YOU AND THIS SITE FOR UNEXCUSED ACTS TO DESTROY THE CHARACTER OF THESE CHURCHES AND THERE CONGREGATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Joel your a #1 jerk": Can't argue with that one. In fact, I pretty much said so in the sidebar disclaimer.

    "these churches has done nothing to you.": To me? No. To others? Yes. In fact, next Tuesday's post will have an interesting story about just such an incident.

    "I AM PERSONAL GOING TO NOTIFY THE PASTORS OF THESE LOCAL ASSEMBLIES AND HAVE LEGAL ACTION TAKING AGAINST YOU AND THIS SITE": Point out a law that's been broken, and I'll gladly listen.

    "FOR UNEXCUSED ACTS TO DESTROY THE CHARACTER OF THESE CHURCHES AND THERE CONGREGATIONS": All I've done is posted pictures OF THEIR OWN SIGNS...it's not like I'm making stuff up here.


    Thanks for stopping in. Please do leave more comments like that one. I'll absolutely FLY up the humor-blogs rankings with content like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sister is the best! I especially like the first portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  16. joel: dont feed the trolls man!!!

    You have arrived, trolls only troll the successful!

    ReplyDelete